March 7, 2014

A Weekend Alone...A Slice of Life


Driving home this evening I realized suddenly that something was seriously wrong.

Luckily I was only a few blocks from home and I drove slowly, trying to pay close attention to everything that surrounded me...but also trying to remain focused on the road in front of me.

It is never a perfect time for things to go wrongbut today I knew I didn’t have time for something like this to happen. My husband needed me to help him prepare for his weekend away.

Those 2 blocks seemed to take forever.  As I pulled into the driveway I hastily gathered the items I knew I would be needing this evening.   Suddenly A little girl pulled up beside me to show me her brand new bike.  I struggled to smile, but something told me it was not the time to stop and chit-chat.  

As I walked through the door, everything slid to the floor. I stumbled to my bed as the world around me began to spin out of control. 

That’s where my husband found me sprawled on the bed like the helpless old person I have become. He leaned over to kiss me and I sluggishly told him not to touch me... I didn't want my body to move anymore than I felt like it already was.  

He knows me so well... my hero... came to my aid providing the medicine that he knew would help me overcome the dizziness that had taken over my body. 
   

I suppose I need to give him more credit… apparently he was able to pack on his own he was gone when I woke up hours later. My weekend alone has begun. 



5 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you were able to make it home safely. I hope you are feeling better, and you are able to enjoy some activities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you said, there is never a perfect time for these things to happen, but why oh why does it need to be when you have a weekend all to yourself? Thank goodness for your caring husband and a few hours of rest, hoping it clears up and you are able to enjoy your weekend - take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a husband who knows you is one of the greatest blessings in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling better so soon - and are able to enjoy a quiet weekend of resting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are safe! Sorry that your weekend didn't start the way you would have liked.

    ReplyDelete