March 28, 2014

It's All About My Baby Brother - Slice of Life


     I love my family! They never cease to amaze me.
Tonight I watched my baby brother who is forever young at 54 years old graduate with an Aviation Maintenance Technology Certificate. (I must admit that I don't even know what that means though).

     I proudly sat beside his youngest daughter as the graduation ceremony proceeded.  We tried to master the technique of cupping our hands in a way that allowed us to clap loudly.   There was a lot of clapping going on, we I think we were almost able to master it.  
     After all the students walked across the stage and received their diploma, they announced that they would now award a certificate to the outstanding student.  I leaned over and whispered that I wasn’t going to hold out much hope for her dad on that one!

     I was totally shocked a few seconds later when I heard his name announced as being the recipient of this honor.  The crowd went wild after his name was announced.  Okay...maybe it was maybe it was just his family and friends that went totally crazy with excitement!!! 



I'm truly proud of him.  He is a man of many talents and I have no doubt that he could accomplish anything he put his mind to.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to your brother for being the outstanding students This is quite an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete