August 6, 2012

Please Help Me With My Document Camera!! UPDATE - I GOT IT!



A few months ago I wrote an essay and I was lucky enough to win this beauty!!




It is a Samsung SAMCAM860 Document Camera!!!   It is awesome (I think).  I have a huge problem though...I can't get  anything to project onto my Smartboard using it.  I begged for help from another teacher and we spent hours trying to figure it out!  We even called for tech support from Samsung & Infocus (a project mounted to the ceiling).  Nothing!  Yesterday, I spent about an hour on hold...waiting to speak to a tech person from Sansung.  Oh my goodness!  I finally hung up... in tears!!!

Do any of you have a document camera hooked up so it projects onto your Smartboard???  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone can help me.  Any help will be so appreciated! 

Here are a some awesome giveaways that you might want to check out:






UPDATE!!!  It is working!  Thank you to everyone that helped me figure it out!  Blogging buddies are definitely awesome. 




10 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. I was excited to scroll down your page and read all the helpers NO ONE. Oh man. I dont have any advice either -- no smart board! :( I hope that you can find the "missing" connection. Many Hugs!!

    Sarah
    shetrick@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. I know I'll get it figure out... I just don't enjoy all the frustrating moments. lol

      Delete
  2. So sorry; new technology can just make me so ill. I have a document camera-can't remember the brand, but it connects to my smartboard not the projector....my technology gal at school has been fabulous for me to ask questions! Good Luck and hopefully it will all work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. It is going to work... it's just a matter of time. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hmmm...

    1. Did you flip through all of the input screens on both the doc cam AND the projector? Like, mixing and matching the settings?
    2. Do you want it to project just to project, or you want it to be interactive?
    3. What else is connected to the projector? Is your computer connected? Can you project stuff from your computer onto the smartboard?

    :) Let me know! I'm going to think and try to help you!

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, before I begin, let me just say I'm not one of those techy people. I don't know the technical term for these cords. I have a Smart Board and a Smart Document Camera. I have a big cord with the little screws on it that hooks into the Smart Board and the camera. Then I have another one that hooks from the camera to my laptop.

    My camera also has another cord that has USB on one end that goes to my computer and the other end that hooks into the camera looks sort of like a phone connection. I could take some pictures if it would help you.

    On my Smart Board, I have to have the computer 2 button pushed in.

    Now I'm trying to remember this all from home, but I think that is what I did. The teacher next to me hasn't gotten her laptop yet and she has her camera hooked up to the Smart Board and that's it.
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher
    Kelly @

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! I was so excited that I got it today!!!! I had it totally hooked up wrong. :-)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the shout out on my Giveaway! Wish I could be of some help but I don't know anything about doc cameras or smartboards:(

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I don't know anything about them either. lol

      Delete