April 7, 2012

I Do Not Like Tag, I Do Not Like It One Little Bit!

Oh my goodness, NOT tag! I cry when someone I tag doesn’t play fair. So if I tag you, you better play fair. Trust me, you don’t want to see me cry, it’s hard to stop.

Rachel over at A-B-Seymour tagged me. Thanks Rachel, I was wondering what I was going to do this morning at 2:00 when I couldn’t sleep.

As with all games, there are rules that you need to follow. Please read them carefully!:

     * Post these rules

     * Answer the 10 questions that the tagger posted for you

     * Create 10 questions of your own to ask the people that you're about to tag

     * Tag 10 people and link them with your post (and let them know they've been tagged!)

Okay, with that all out of the way, I’ll now answer the questions from Rachel.

1. What is your favorite subject to teach?


Reading is my favorite!  In first grade there is tremendous growth ~ and I love watching it happen 

2.  What is your most embarrassing moment as a teacher?      


Hmmm. There have been so many. But closing my classroom door on my skirt and walking  until it ripped beyond repair has to be at the top of my list.

3.  What is the most exciting thing you will do this summer?

I’m going to the All Write Consortium in Warsaw, Indiana with my bestest teaching buddy in June. We will get to see Katie Wood Ray, Debbie Diller, and Ruth Ayers. There are more, but those are the only ones I can think of right off the top of my head right now.

4.  What is your favorite holiday?

I love the 4th of July! It’s usually a time spent with family, friends, good food, homemade bombs, fireworks, and just fun!

5.  What is the most important item you use in your classroom?


I can’t just pick one ~ I love them all. My computer, TV, Smartboard, Elmo, MP3 players, Neo3, they are all important to me!

6.  What item would you love to have in your classroom?


a document camera I think (my elmo is just about to bite the dust)

7.  What tip would you give to a new teacher?

 Parent relationships are important! Keep in touch with them through emails, phone calls, notes, etc.

8.  How long have you been a teacher?


15 years

9.  If you weren't a teacher, what would you be doing?


A doctor  

10. How do you celebrate the end of the school year with your kiddos?


For the last couple of years we have taken our firsties on a field trip to “our” beautiful lake.  My bestest buddy claims it as her lake too. The kiddos go fishing, catch bugs and if they are lucky they even catch a few frogs. We also make our awesome husbands roast wieners and marshmallows for everyone.

Well now, wasn't that fun!

Now here are 10 questions for those I tagged:


1.   Where is your favorite place to go for relaxation?
2.   What is your favorite picture book?
3.    Do other teachers at your school have a blog?
4.    Do you have any bad habits?
5.    When is your school out for summer break?
6.    How many pairs of flips flops do you have in your closet?
7.    How long have you been blogging?  & What made you start blogging?
8.    What are your favorite TV shows?
9.    How prepared are you for the Common Core?
10.  What state do you teach in?

I tagged several relatively new blogs, so make sure you go and check out their blogs!






Oh First Grade Friends



Lovely Little Learners

Fit for First Grade

Photobucket

First Grade Garden

 



















4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag...I've answered your questions--check out my blog to see :)

    Lovely Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh- I just tagged you again... sorry, lol.

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the new blogs to check out! I am your newest follower and can't wait to search through your blog!

    Stop by my blog and check it out if you have the chance :)

    Thanks!
    Sarah
    www.thefabulousfirstgrade-sarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for tagging me. Come check out my post if you want to.
    http://firstgradefoundme.blogspot.com/2012/04/ive-been-tagged-youre-it-now.html

     Chrissy

    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete