January 12, 2013

Fun Five & Our New Baby Boy

Before the holidays, I started something new with my class. I must admit that I needed a few minutes to get some daily morning items completed... so this has worked perfectly! After a brief explanation of the activity and playing a couple of rounds of the game, students find their partner (they have the same partner every day) and  off they go.  They know that they don't have time to mess around, because I immediately start my timer for 5 minutes.  Most of the time they BEG me to let them play longer...and sometimes I fold  (when I'm not quite finished with my stuff).  We are working on equality and this is one of the games that they played last week.  Here is the sheet that they used on Friday.




Samson is the newest addition to our family.  I had forgotten what it was like to have a puppy in the house.  Oh My Goodness!!!  He is growing so fast.  He hasn't quite figured out the whole potty thing yet.  






I couldn't resist adding this picture.  It took a few days for Shadow to warm up to little Samson... but now she has become quite the little mother.


7 comments:

  1. So cute! My puppy hasn't figured out the potty thing yet, either.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the freebie. That's a great game! Your puppy is absolutely the cutest thing! Have fun!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the freebie. We are not working on equality yet, but we will be soon. Good luck training your new pup!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Labs are wonderful fur children! My lab's name is Polo Black. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your puppy, who probably is not a puppy anymore! Thank you for sharing the game!

    ReplyDelete