January 13, 2013

Pencil Sharpener Review





I wish I could say that I just received this green pencil sharpener in the mail a few days ago...but it would be a lie... I received it in August (I think)!  I’m such a procrastinator.  I’ve been meaning to write about it...but I was kind of torn about what to write.  Everyone has raved and raved about it...but I have mixed feelings.  If you don’t know anything about the pencil sharpener that  I’m talking about you can check it out at Classroom Friendly Supplies.


Here is what I absolutely love about the pencil sharpener:
  • The pencils always come out SHARP – I mean really really really sharp... (I think they could even be considered a weapon!)
  • The pencil sharpener is VERY quiet!You don’t have to hold the pencil while you are sharpening it. The pencil is pulled in as you turn the handle.  
  • It will sharpen even the cheap pencils as well as those special pencils that mean so much to my little ones! 
  • It has never locked up or eaten up any pencil.
  • It can be moved anywhere easily.
  • They come in a variety of great colors: groovy green, cool blue, firehouse red, and midnight black. 


 Here are the things that I have issues with:  
  • It is such a pain to pull out the clasps for every single pencil!!  Maybe I’m just lazy, but I do not like it one little bit. I can use my electric pencil sharpener much quicker.  (Which needs replaced at least once a year).
  • I have not been successful using the clamp to hold the pencil sharpener down.  It always moves when my students sharpen their pencils. 


So there you go... my thoughts on this beautiful pencil sharpener.  If you would like to watch a video about how the pencil sharpener works, please click on the pencil sharpener below to view.




Go check is out for yourself.   It was designed by Troy Decoff who is the owner and founder of The Quietest Classroom Pencil Sharpener.

1 comment:

  1. I agree COMPLETELY with your review! So funny. I thought I was the only one who had mixed feelings about it! I think I could get over the having to clasp every single pencil thing if I could get the clamp to work. It's hard to hold the sharpener still while you're sharpening. It doesn't bother me unless I'm wanting to sharpen lots of pencils at once, but still. :)

    GAYLA
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete