January 30, 2013

What's Your Favorite Nut


It's that time of the week again when Ms. Jessica over at A Turn to Learn hosts her weekly linky party of things our students say.  Please come and share!  



We were making a graph about our favorite type of nut.  As I was listing their favorites, one student told me his favorite was a banana nut.  I'm thinking to myself that he probably was confused about what I was asking him.  After a bit of discussion, he almost had me convinced that there was such a thing as a banana nut.  I finally realized (with the guidance of some of my other students) that his favorite nut was a cashew!  Of course, a cashew... don't we all think of a banana when we see a cashew!!!  







Today I was handing out a paper to my students and I said "here is your hundreds fart."  I realized immediately what I said...and was hoping they weren't  listening (which had been the case all day!) ...but nope...I think everyone of them heard it... They laughed like it was the funniest thing ever... which of course made me laugh.  One of my students then said "I love it when you laugh!"  Hmmm...maybe I need to laugh with them more??

Okay, it's your turn.... Come and link up and share by clicking the picture below. 


What Did They Say!?

2 comments:

  1. You have the best stories again! Those cashews do look suspiciously like bananas ow that you mention it! Lets hope they didn't take the 100 fart literally and make silly noises at their seats! Lol!

    Thanks for linking up again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this link! It's actually how I came up with the name of my blog...crazy things first grader say! I will link up asap!

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete