March 1, 2012

Slice of Life ~ Day 1 of 31

I decided to take the challenge of writing every single day during the month of March.  (yikes!)   I'm very nervous about slicing, but I'm going to plunge ahead!!!  This is my first slice.  
Driving to work is one of my favorite parts of the day ~ a quiet time that is usually spent with just God ~ praying ~ thinking ~ singing ~ admiring God’s marvelous beauty.   


This morning however, things were different.  For the first time since my mother died, I drove her car.   My mind was full of scattered thoughts from a mixture of events that occurred this week.  I was having a moment of questioning God ~ wondering why he would take an unborn baby from his mom and the family that was eagerly awaiting her arrival.  Tears were beginning to flow as I grieved for the family and their precious baby girl.   


My thoughts drifted to my mom and how much I truly miss her.   I began to realize that there was music playing softly on the radio. When I realized the song that was playing I began to weep uncontrollably.   The song ~ “I Can Only Imagine” ~ one of the songs that was played at my mom’s funeral.   I began to realize that God through his grace and mercy was giving me comfort through that song.   



I can only imagine 

What it will be like 

When I walk 
By your side ...


12 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. It's so easy to become wrapped up in the unimportant details of life, and our days on earth are too few for that. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you took the plunge and what a beautiful beginning. Now stop crying cause I love you and your beautiful heart.
    T.

    First Grade @ Klinger Cafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget to link up at
      http://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/2012/03/01/slice-2012-1-of-31/

      Delete
    2. Don't forget to link up to the Two Writing teacher's Blog!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing! It took a lot of courage to do so!

    ~ Katie
    First Grade ABCs

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful song, and I can see why God used it to touch your heart in a special way today.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome story...Love that you shared that!
    ~Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing. We played I Can Only Imagine at my mom's funeral and those words brought me so much peace. I'm glad to hear that they do the same for you.

    ♥Samantha
    Learning with a Happy Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing. I love the way God always has our lives in the palm of His hand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog. Thank you for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! I can't wait to see your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are joining us. Your slice is filled with emotion. Thanks for writing "close to your bones" and touching others with your words.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad that you decided to take the challenge. I am nervous about it as well, but I know that I will be a better writer coming out the other side. I wanted to cry reading your slice. Thank you for sharing!

    Jana
    Thinking Out Loud

    ReplyDelete