March 6, 2012

Slice of Life ~ Day 6 of 31

For the last week, I have been trying to persuade myself that I need to go visit a sweet lady in my church.  It’s not like it’s out of my way, she only lives a few houses away from me.  She is the first person that welcomed me at my new church.    She just has that special way of making you feel welcome and we always manage to find each other so can we can get our hugs! 

I have a habit of classifying people in categories.  She immediately was classified as “crazy lady” ~ I think the Lord must have drawn us together, because I was missing the “crazy lady” at my old church.  She sees the world in colors that I don’t see and could never fully understand.   I immediately knew that I was going to love this lady!  

A few weeks ago her daughter died.  That same week, she found out that she has cancer and they are not expecting her to live more than a couple of weeks.   

I don’t like to be around death.  I cry.  How can I go over there and keep myself together.  I’ve got to go see her.  My crazy lady...  

8 comments:

  1. What a sad situation. You can do this. No matter how sad you might feel think of how overjoyed she will be when you visit? Perhaps you could share some of the Slices of Life with her, over a slice of pie? A small act of kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. A couple of weeks ago a past student of mine passed away. I saw him in October and desperately wanted to see him again but I knew I would be a mess and his family didn't need that. I told his mom how guilty I feel and of course she reassured me that he knew how much I loved him. I appreciate what she said, but now I feel guilty for being so weak. You need to go see your "crazy lady." You will get strength from her. You can do it.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please go even if you cry. She probably wants to cry too. Hugs and crying can actually make things better. That is one way we know we aren't alone. Maybe pray first and/or pray with her too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reaching out and sending you hugs! Go and see her, even if you cry, you will feel so much better that you went, it will bring a smile to her face! Bring the tissues with you! Sometimes, just taking that first step is the hardest! Believe me when I tell you, I've been where that crazy lady is sitting, she doesn't care if you cry, she just needs to see you! Let us know how you do! We are here to listen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go. Your tears mean you care. Your tears mean you feel. Your tears mean she means something to you.
    Hugs.
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been the recipient of visits and they mean so much. I know when people visit it's not the things they say, but their being there that mean so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you're feeling like you need to go see her, GO! She'll understand your tears - she may need someone to cry with, or she may need someone to be strong for! You won't regret the visit, but you will regret not visiting. Trust me on this one. I carry a regret like that with me all the time. . .

    Hugs to you and to your "crazy lady!" She needs you, you need her. Go. :)

    Oh My Little Classity Class

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear this!! You just got to see her and think of just making her feel loved... I know it will be very hard, I was with my Aunt Alana two days before she passed away and I didn't even recognize her. I sat at the end of the couch where she was lying and I gave her a foot rub with her favorite lotion...sometimes, just being there in silence is all someone may need...it may also be what you need as well.

    I will be praying for both of you

    Michelle

    The 3AM Teacher

    ReplyDelete