March 12, 2012

Slice of Life ~ Day 12 of 31


Nothing can fulfill an indescribable longing in my heart sometimes except seeing my older sister. Today I yearned for the physical and visual contact that can only happen when we are together. 


 Nothing is really amiss in my life. It’s just an ordinary day. I just wanted to see my sister!  My remarkable sister who loves me no matter how many times I have messed up or have hurt her.


When my heart aches for her, a phone call would never do. I want her in the same room as me... within reach... caring... sharing... smiling... supportive ... accessible... sharing her life... conversing face to face about anything that comes to our minds... ready to listen to the events that have happened since we last talked. 


This evening I needed to feel the love, comfort and reassurance that can only come from someone that knows me so well. 


The wonderful thing about sisters is that you don’t even have to have a reason to stop by... you just know its okay.  


Sisters are all about love.  A treasure worth holding onto forever.







5 comments:

  1. too bad I never had one..you are very blessed. Brothers are pretty good too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sisters are great. Sometimes I just need to talk to my younger sister. (and sometimes I wish I had a big sister.) Sisters are fantastic though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom tells a story from our younger years when someone in a store gave me an extra of something (maybe a lollipop at the bank) for my friend. I said, "She's my sister, not my friend." I would never say that now for I am blessed to have two sisters who are the dearest of my friends and two brothers that I feel the same way about. Wish mine lived close by. Thanks for a story that I clearly had a strong connection to. If it wasn't so late I would be dialing the phone. ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this. My best friend is defintely my sister. I spent a great day with her and my niece last week and it was just what I needed. I don't go a day without at least textign her.

    ReplyDelete