March 8, 2014

It's A Love/Hate Relationship…Slice of Life



I love knowing that there will be numerous gorgeous sunrises 
        that I will be able to see as I drive to work each morning.    
I hate that it will now be dark when I leave for work each morning, 
       darkness and me driving is not a good thing.


I love the additional sunshine after work each day
       which seems to extend the hours in my day.
I hate that I don't feel just a tiny bit guilty 
       about not using the additional daylight to get out and exercise.


I love knowing that the time change always serves as a reminder to me
       that spring and all its striking colors will soon be here.
I hate knowing that every spring disappears  so quickly 
       and the scorching heat of summer takes over.

I love that my first graders will come to school Monday
       rested and ready to learn!  NOT!!!!
I hate how exhausted I will be for the next few weeks
        as my exausted body tries to adjust to the time change.


Yesit’s a love/hate relationship!





2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you!! I have a kindergartener and a first grader - and this week of time change always does a number on them! :) Nice job with the format of your poem! Best of luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to feel this way, too! Living somewhere that doesn't do daylight savings (not many places outside of the US do actually), I enjoy not having to adjust to this time change each 6 months. Hope the adjustment period is quick and painless!

    ReplyDelete